We spent Thanksgiving up in Ashburn with our families this year. This holiday season has been a little bitter-sweet since my mom and Glenn will be moving to Florida in 2017. I'm going to miss spending Christmas and Thanksgiving with both families, even if it does get chaotic and busy. You just can't put a price on family.
This year the kids got a tutorial on how to stuff and prep a Glass family turkey. This is the same stuffing recipe the Glass family has used for generations.
This year the kids got a tutorial on how to stuff and prep a Glass family turkey. This is the same stuffing recipe the Glass family has used for generations.
You'll have to excuse all the pictures of the kids, but I loved this sweet moment with Grandmom.
Everyone wanted a turn except Cole. He watched, but didn't want to touch.
I swear that turkey is bigger than she is!
Thanksgiving morning dawned bright and early as the Allred family did our traditional Turkey Trot 5k.
We all beat our goals, with Laura finishing first in her category, Jason placed as well (I can't remember...I think he was first as well), and I got 3rd in my category! Not too shabby for not running for almost a year!
After the race, I joined the Glass family for an amazing feast with all the extend family.
I think we had over 30 people there!
Lexi loved trying all the foods. I think the sweet potatoes were her favorite.
Lance and Jude were very happy to have Aunt Amy and Derek there. They share many of the same interests and have very animated discussions about Pokemon, video games, and popular memes.
Happy Thanksgiving!
































No comments:
Post a Comment