The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Masks, capes, and duct tape

October in Charlottesville is about as perfect as you can get. The weather is gorgeous, the fall colors amazing, and there is always something fun happening.

One day we got to hang out with the Elmers while I took Britton's pictures for the yearbook. The kids had a blast playing with Killian and Kendall (whom, of course, I didn't get a picture of).




Bender's favorite time of day is riding to school when I drop of Lance and Jude. It's even better when the kids are gone and he gets the seat...

...and the window.


This little girl has recently developed an amazing scream and a *bit* of a temper. She definitely lets you know exactly how she feels. Don't be fooled by the sweet, smiling girl under the hulk mask. She packs a punch!



George was able to attend a Glee Club Alumni dinner and got to hang out with some old friends from his undergrad years.
We were excited to hear that Karl and Neha (the couple seated at the front) are expecting their first baby next year!



Lily's best friend these days is Charlotte Kasik. I've been friends with her mom, Heather, for over a year now and we love to get together. We met up at Carter's Mountain one morning to pick apples.


These girls love each other!

You wouldn't know it, but Charlotte is 6 months younger than our little peanut.

Still trying to master the group selfie:

Heather is much better at it.





This year for Halloween, Lance has decided he wants to be Lucario. The Pokemon. Great.

I decided I'd try my hand again at making a foam mask for him. Here is the beginning:

Starting to take shape:

Starting the taping process to make the pattern for the fur I needed to sew to cover it.
October was full of long, long nights and mornings that came way too quickly. Thank goodness for binge-watching "Modern Family" that kept me laughing and awake into the wee hours of the morning as I worked to finish this costume.


The kids are finding things for their Christmas wish-list already. Whenever they find something they want at the store, I'll take a picture so we can put it on their Christmas list.
If I actually listed all the things the children asked for, their lists would be about a mile long!


Jude and Sage still hang out occasionally and I love it. They are so cute together.



Anyone recognize this? Anyone? When Cole was two, he would never go anywhere without his blue cape. He's wear it in the car, at the park, to the store, to church, and even to bed. Lily found it the other day and insisted on wearing it for the afternoon.
It brought back so many sweet memories of a little boy that's growing up way too fast.


Enjoying another playdate with her best buddy Charlotte.



We were invited to a Harry Potter Triwizard Tournament scavenger hunt by some friends. We had so much fun running around UVa looking for clues to make our "potion".





Sisters! At 4 months old, Lexi is ALWAYS happy, but seems to think Lily is especially funny.
Love these babies of mine!



Baby Henry is growing up, too! Born on Sept 26th, Henry is Lance's 6th sibling. Crazy! Lance thinks he's even cuter than Lexi and Madison seems to agree.



Still working on Lance's costume. I made a body suit for his Lucario costume by duck-taping Lance's entire body and the cutting it off. (Don't worry, I lined it with paper towels so it didn't stick to his skin.)


Too bad I didn't end up using it.



See? Lexi is such a happy baby!! 

This girl is all smiles all the time. The only time she's sad is when she's hungry or tired.

My girls 




Here's Lance's finished mask:

For a quick job, it looks okay! I had to watch A LOT of youtube tutorials by people who make fur suits for conventions and such, but it was worth it!



Bethany flew home from serving a mission in the Philippines! She landed in Salt Lake where she was greeted by her family. Jason got to be there, too!



My sweet Jude.
There is no one that can push my buttons or melt my heart like this guy. He is a perfect blend of snuggle and mischief and I hope and pray every day for enough patience to enjoy him to the fullest because I know he won't be this little for long. 




No comments:

Post a Comment