May 10th was Mother's Day. I woke up to beautiful flowers and a card from George next to my side of the bed. George was half-way through one of the hardest rotations he's done: Pediatric ICU. It's long hours and heart-wrenching work. He had just started his 30-hour call shift and left the house at 5:30 a.m., but still managed to surprise me with flowers. He is amazing.
The kids and I attend Church and then drove up to Ashburn to wish the other mothers a Happy Mother's Day!
I thought Lily looked so sweet in this dress.
Glenn had cooked a leg of lamb, a Schiraldi family tradition. It was delicious!
Grandma Brewer was in town too! She flew in a couple days prior so she could be here when Jason came home from his mission on the 12th.
Amy was at a convention and missed the dinner.
Lance and Jude had a piano recital coming up and Lance practiced for Grandma.
After dinner, the kids and I ran over to wish George's mom a happy Mother's Day. I was sad George couldn't be there.
We tried to get a group picture:
Almost everyone was looking! Good enough!
Then it was back to Grandma's house to go to bed. Story time!
It wouldn't be a visit from Grandma Brewer without some serious Cribbage playing. Stephen had just recently come home from BYU for the summer, before he has to return in June to start Summer semester.
The following day, Mom and Amy invited me and Grandma to attend their water aerobics class. It was fun for the 15 minutes I was able to do it before the employees had to come get me. Apparently Lily wasn't having a good time.
So, she and I watched from the side lines.
So fun! Grandma is a firecracker and kept up with the best of them. :)
Only one more day before Jason comes home! It can't come soon enough!
No comments:
Post a Comment