December 22nd we made our way up to Northern Virginia to spend the holidays with our family. Since Laura and I both have other family in the same town, this year my mom decided to have our family Christmas dinner on the 23rd so everyone could make it.
Putting the final touches on the tree:
We had our traditional Christmas dinner of cornish game hens, rolls, green bean casserole, and apple cider.
These boys sure had a good time playing!
I have a basket of Christmas books I pull out every year that the kids enjoy reading and looking through. With Cole's train obsession, I figured he would love reading The Polar Express. Love is an understatement. This boy ADORES it. We read it multiple times every day and even now (after Christmas) I decided to leave it out when I packed up our Christmas decorations since it is a book he still wants to read at night.
I'll start reading and as I go along, I'll hear this quiet little voice echoing the words to the story. He has the book almost memorized.
Love my sweet Cole.
George and I left the kids with my mom and drove back down to Charlottesville that night to be Santa's helpers.
We stayed up until 5:30 a.m.! Thank goodness for Netflix and 30 Rock. Seriously, that show is hysterical. It was a fun date! The only thing that would have made it better was if we were able to sleep longer than 8 a.m. before having to travel back to Ashburn to get the kiddos. Mom, Glenn, Stephen, Amy, Laura and Tyler all went to see Joseph and the Amazing Technicolored Dreamcoat at the Kennedy Center. So cool.

No comments:
Post a Comment