Can I tell you how much I love chain saws? After four years of using a dull, tiny hand saw made for cutting balsa wood and small dowels to cut the sap cap off of our Christmas trees, it was incredible to lay that sucker down and cleanly hack off the 6 extra inches of trunk in three seconds flat. No more 20 minute sawing sessions for me.
As soon as we got the tree inside and situated, Bender staked his claim.
Bender wasn't the only one who thought the tree was wonderful. Lily was enthralled by it.
For Family Home Evening, we all got together and decorated the tree.
The boys had a good time discovering ornaments they remembered from years past, but I think Lance was the most "sentimental" this year. He insisted he himself hang all the ornaments with his name or picture on it. Obviously no one else would do a satisfactory job.
I asked the boys to show me their favorite ornament. Lance's was one he painted about 6 years ago in 2008.
Jude picked the puppy:
And Cole picked the block ornament of all the boys from 2013.
I love that our tree is covered in memories. It may be mismatched and the ornaments hung lop-sided, but to me, it's perfect.






No comments:
Post a Comment