The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Thursday, July 31, 2014

Paint and Fireworks

After George's parents came home from Yellowstone, I drove Allen and the kids up to Ashburn and left Jude and Cole with my mom for a couple days so George and I could get some work done on our new house. Lance hung out with his dad and Lily stayed with us.

It was fun to be with George and start putting our house together. The first item of business was painting our orange room. Our family room was this interesting burnt orange and while we both liked that it was original and unique, the paint job was terrible, so we put decided to repaint the entire room and add our own flair.


This little girl spent a lot of time practicing her scooting while George and I taped, primed, and painted.


Sweet baby! Love this thing!

We had grand plans to be totally finished with the room by the time I had to pick up the boys on the 4th, but these things always take about four times longer than you think. (Three weeks later, we finally finished--George put up crown molding and did a great job on a steep learning curve.) George headed to work and I drove up to Ashburn to spend the day with the kids. We were planning on driving back to Charlottesville in time for George to get off work around 8, but since I stayed up until 4 a.m. the night before, I was in no shape to drive, so the kids and I stayed and watched fireworks with my family.

Spending time with Grandma!

Cole recently discovered picking his nose and will do it all the time.

After a delicious meal with the family, we all drove to Leesburg to watch the fireworks with the Calderwood family. 

This little girl was an angel the whole time and laughed like crazy while I pushed the stroller over the grass. 


Watching the crowds:


We finally found the Calderwoods in the massive crowd and settled in to wait. 

Laura and Grant:

Jude found many things to keep himself entertained. He insisted on playing with everyone. This boy never sits still!


Stephen was there! He and Mom had recently gotten back from an almost 3-week trip to France and Italy. 

Jude found a friend! Brent, a friend of Laura and Tyler, threw the football with Jude for a good 20 minutes.

Love this boy!

Mason playing with Lily:

I love, love, love this picture!


Mom and Glenn

Glad to see we're not the only ones who struggle to take a family picture. :)

There we go!

Jude found some Oreos and was in heaven.

This kid cracks me up!



I think a certain 4-year-old was getting tired...



It's almost time!

The boys LOVED the fireworks! 



Yep, definitely tired. :)



Happy 4th of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment