Lance is one lucky kid. Honestly. He got to miss the last week of school in June and fly to California with his dad and Abbey to see his cousins for about 10 days! He always has the best time there. They decided to go early this year because the Gondas (Scott's sister's family) are moving this summer to Texas for a year while Lance's uncle Dave does a Pediatric Neurosurgery fellowship. Scott grew up in Poway (San Diego area) and the Gondas are currently living in the same house where he spent most of his childhood, so of course they needed to hang out one last time all together before the move.
I stole these pictures off of Denise's blog (Thanks, Denise!) She takes some great photos!
They have a pool in their backyard, so most days include some swimming with the cousins.
Lance has always been a fish, so he loves it, although he says the water is pretty cold!
Cousins after a swim:
Calvin, Lance, Clare, Austin, Lexey, Jo, and Parker.
Jessica and Pete were living in San Diego as well, but Pete joined the military and is now doing JAG so they're moving this fall to Virginia! I'm excited for Scott that he'll be so close to his brother and his cute family. He and Jessica have those two sweet little boys, Parker and Austin.
Grandma Joyce was visiting too! I have to say, I love Grandma Joyce and miss her. When you thing of all the things a grandma should be, the person that comes to mind would be Grandma Joyce to a 'T'.
Kari, Grandpa Bob, Denise, and Grandma Joyce
The Gondas have an orange tree in their yard and Lance and Calvin picked them to make juice on a few occasions.
Lance arranging flowers for the table. :)
Family pictures:
Family picture:
So many people have asked me (once they realize that Scott and I share Lance) if it's weird to be around Abbey. The answer to that question is nope, not at all. I love her. I think she is great. She's a wonderful person who is fabulous to Lance and kind to me. I couldn't have asked for a better person in Lance's life. It's obvious she makes Scott very very happy and Lance loves her to death. If you know Lance, you know he's very free with his opinions and doesn't hesitate to let you know exactly what he thinks. I have never heard him say one unkind thing about Abbey. You can't get a better recommendation than that.
Boy cousins:
That beautiful Poway view from the Gonda's backyard. San Diego is paradise.
So thrilled. :)
The next big thing for this fun Dahlquist family (after the two moves, of course) is Uncle Dan comes home from his mission in the end of August!




No comments:
Post a Comment