The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Sunday, March 9, 2014

Happy Birthday Mom!

On February 18th, the boys and I drove up to Northern VA for about four hours so we could celebrate my mom's Birthday! Laura and Amy also drove in so Mom and her three girls could spend the evening together.

It's always fun to get these cousins together. Grant is looking SO BIG next to 5-week-old Lily.

Mason didn't want to miss out on the picture-taking fun. :)

The sisters made dinner for Mom: Laura made some amazing salmon, I made come cornflower mash and Amy made a greek salad. It was delicious!

And of course afterward we had to sing with Mom's cake of choice: cheesecake!
I made a pineapple cheesecake and Glenn made her a New York cheesecake.



Happy Birthday, Mom!

Allred girls. :) Mom, you're such a pretty lady!

This poor kid was upset that he had to do his homework even though we were at Grandma and Grandpa's house. Ah, the joys of having school-age children.

Spending time with Grandma and Grandpa:


Unfortunately, the18th happened on a school night, so the boys and I had to drive back down to Charlottesville that evening so Lance could be at school the next day. Ugh. School messes up everything.

Happy Birthday, Mom! I wish we could have spent more time together to celebrate. Thank you for being the amazing woman you are, for setting such a good example for our family. You are kind, thoughtful, hard-working, creative, and inspiring. I know I'm a better person for your teaching and guidance. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment