The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Thursday, August 8, 2013

OBX--day 5

July 24th--our last day at the OBX.

We woke up a bit later this morning, thanks to Cole sleeping in. When I rolled over in the bed, I was greeted by this site:
They were laughing at each other in the crib. I'm so glad the boys like each other.

We had to get in our last bit of sand and sun, so after we checked out of the hotel it was back to the beach to soak in as much as we could.



Mermaid Jude!



Mermaid Bryce!

The water had finally warmed up, if only a few degrees.







Playing with Uncle Po.




One of the kids found these sunglasses in the water. Cole quickly adopted them and wore them around like this for a while. What a goof!

Fun with Uncle George.





Another sand sculpture by Eric.





Look! I'm in the water! I ventured out every day, but it was so cold I had a hard time staying out longer than 30 minutes at a time.










Poor Jude was played out by the end and spent the last 30 minutes at the beach like this:




We left the beach around 4 or 5 in the afternoon and headed to the beach house for some dinner with the cousins before we hit the road for Charlottesville.

Jude had to get a few last snuggles in, as did Lance.



We had an amazing five days with the Scholz and the Chens. We can't wait for Thanksgiving when we'll all be together again! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment