Behind, behind, behind.
Let's see. What did we do in November?
Well, after my trip with George to California, the month slipped by as most do. I'll hit a couple highlights:
We voted! Woo Hoo! It was a pain to take all three kids and stand in line, but it was worth it.
The boys were good sports, even if it WAS nap time, and the people around us were very tolerant of a crying baby, a hyper almost three-year-old and a bossy big brother.
And of course, the stickers made it all worth it. :)
In an effort to nail down Christmas wish-lists in enough time to do some shopping, one night George and I took the boys to Toys R Us and we did a little "camera shopping". They each found things they wanted and we took a picture of it.
This is what Lance really wants this year. It can supposedly go on any terrain, even water!
Jude had a hard time catching on to the concept, but I did manage to get his picture with some things that caught his eye. This boy loves balls!
I think I have about 20 pictures of Lance holding different Nerf guns and in each picture the gun gets bigger and bigger. I'm sure he had a specific target in mind, disguised as a pesky little brother. :)
Wishful thinking...
We read this in the store and Lance thought it was the funniest book ever! I have to admit it was pretty darn funny.
Even Cole got into the action.
And Daddy?
Sword!
It was a really fun way to spend an hour one cold, boring evening.
The weather continues to be a bit bi-polar (today the weather was 72 degrees and my boys were actually sweating outside!), with some days bitter cold and others very pleasant.
One pleasant afternoon found me and the two little ones outside playing in the leaves that covered our playground.
Jude's favorite thing was to try and cover Cole completely. Cole took it all in stride as he usually does and didn't seem to mind.
We made big piles of leaves at the bottom of the slide and Jude had a great time sliding right into them.
Don't worry, he's not hurt. I just caught him at an awkward moment.
There we go!
Cole likes to be a rugged mountain man and traverses the bummpy terrain with very little difficulty.
I can't keep him in my arms because he wiggles and squirms until I put him down. I'm sure the other moms are wondering what I'm thinking as my 9-month-old crawls all the way down the big hill next to our house and all over the playground, but it's what makes him happy.
So focused. Stinker.
We have some HUGE oak trees outside our back door, so there is no shortage of squirrels to watch as they collect the acorns that constantly fall like tiny bombs.
They don't seem to have much fear of us and we've caught a few of them even trying to find a way inside the house!
I wonder what they think is inside?
Lance is doing well in first grade! He's meeting his end of the year milestones already after his first 9 weeks in math and reading, so his teacher is trying to find new ways to challenge him. We are so proud of Lance!
One night we were able to go to the school for an Expedition Share Night. It was student-led, so Lance took us all around the room and explained the different things they were learning about and projects they had worked on.
Discussing healthy meals.
Making comparisons between our bodies and a robot.
They even made and painted the "My Plate" food pyramid during their Healthy Eating segment.
The class made a movie about making healthy choices using a special character named "Owl-Bo". He's the classroom mascot, so to speak, and represents good choices. Lance thought it was fabulous to be Owl-Bo. He does make a cute owl!
Jude wanted to be Owl-Bo, too. It was hilarious to watch Jude walk around because he wasn't quite tall enough and all you saw were Jude's cute little eyes peeking out as this cardboard owl scooted across the room flapping it's wings. Awesome.
And now it's on to Thanksgiving!!

No comments:
Post a Comment