The day after Thanksgiving, we got our Christmas tree!
My family has been going to the same tree farm for the past 15 years, so of course we knew exactly where to go this year. We love Snicker's Gap! George was still working so he missed this, too. Sad.
It was a perfect day! Mom, Glenn, Chad, Amy, Laura, Tyler, Mason, Jason, Stephen, my boys and I all came to get a couple trees.
Even Vera got to come!
I love the farm because the boys can run and jump and be crazy like little boys should.
Laura and her cute family.
Lance being a "tree".
Lance wanted to carry the saw, but in my mind's eye all I could see was him running and falling and then lots and lots of red... So I said only grown-ups could carry it.
He was pretty disappointed.
Uncle Chad!
This is the first year Jude remembers going to the farm and he thought it was a blast.
I need to remember to put all my children in neon colors next year. Green and blue blend in to the trees just a little too well.
Cole thought it was neat to crawl around. He is such an independent guy and would cry until I put him in the grass.
He liked exploring and probably would have crawled the whole time we were there if I let him.
Isn't it beautiful? I love Virginia.
Waiting. Christmas tree picking is always an exercise of patience.
Ah, motherhood. It's a full-time job.
Thank you, Amy, for capturing me in all my picture-taking glory.
Most of our time at the farm was spent chasing the boys who had all decided the best way to find a tree was to all run in opposite directions at the same time.
They would get pretty far before we caught up.
Coming back to the group. I know, Jude. Mommy is no fun.
Although this mommy is.
Plotting their next escape...
Where are Lance and Jude?
Amy
Stephen
My boys.
I've given up hope of ever getting a picture with all three boys looking and smiling at the same time. I'm convinced it will never happen.
Lance with Uncle Stephen, Chad and Jason. And Vera.
Grandpa Glenn was a big help with the kids...
...although I think Jude and Mason had some pretty nefarious ideas for how to deal with him.
15 years ago (the first year we went as a family to the farm) we were waiting for everyone to decide on the same tree (which usually took 2 hours) and got tired. When mom and dad found us, we were like this:
We tried to recreate the same picture this year, 15 years later:
I think we did a pretty good job. Look how much Jason and Stephen have grown!
This year, the boys and I found our tree after only about an hour!
Lance finally got to use the saw. :)
Cutting... and cutting and cutting some more.
Jude trying his had at sawing.
Mom took this picture because she thought it was funny and cute with all three boys. The life of a mom is a wonderful one!
I'm embarrassed to admit that Tyler finally had to take over and finish the felling.
Lance took his position as the "man of the house" seriously. He tied on the rope...
...and hauled the tree!
We helped him out once the path got muddy. A muddy Christmas tree wound NOT bring much Christmas joy.
Jude really wanted to help, too.
Chad came with me while the rest of the family continued their search.
Watching the trees getting a shake-down.
We grabbed a quick snack while we waited for the rest of our group.
Thank goodness for Chad's extra set of hands!
They found it!
Every year we attempt a family picture together:
Mmmm... maybe we'll try another.
Thumbs up!
Good enough.
Can you tell Jude missed his nap?
The whole group!
Afterwards we went to Red Robin together for dinner. It was a lot of fun, I just wish George could have been there with us.














No comments:
Post a Comment