(aka "camera dump")
It's officially fall and I am LOVING it! Fall is my favorite season for many reasons--good food, yummy smells, cool weather, and tons of holidays to look forward to. School is in full swing, much to Lance's dismay who likes to tell me every morning that if he were in charge, he wouldn't have to go. Hate to break it to you, kid, but first grade is as good as it gets. I guess that's still better than the "this is the worst day of my life!" I get every night when I tell him it's time to turn off StarCraft and get ready for bed. Oh, Lance.
We officially haven't made it to Church on time this entire year. Not even once. Okay, maybe once but that was when we were visiting family and Church was at 9 a.m. and not 1:30 p.m., right in the middle of nap time. I tell you, I can't wait for our meeting time to change to 9 a.m.
Speaking of Church, I'm beginning to realize that parents with children between the ages of 6 months and 3 years old go to Church solely to set an example for said children. It certainly isn't because we're getting a whole lot out of the service while we sit in the foyer or walk up and down the hallways with a toddler that can't understand why he's not allowed to run, talk loudly, or climb all over everything. It is a workout every time. I hope we're getting "effort" points in our Heavenly tally, even if I can't for my life remember what any of the talks or lessons were about each week.
Lance is playing soccer for the second (and probably last) time this fall. He didn't want to, but I told him he had to try at least one more time before I let him quit, so he's plugging grudgingly away. He's getting better and I think he's starting to enjoy it a little more, so I guess we'll see if there is yet another season of soccer in our future. For now, we're just trying to make it to the end of this season with as little tears as possible.
The coach was gone one week, so George subbed as coach for one game. He did a great job, especially when you realize he's had zero soccer experience at all. It was cute to see him on the field with these boys. Way to go, George!
Cole is crawling like a pro now and loves to try to keep up with everyone. He's also decided that he likes dogs and will giggle whenever he sees Vera or Diesel.
Cute boys. :)
We got to go bowling this year with the Family Housing. For free! And with our friends! Awesome.
This was the first year that Jude knew what was going on. He thought it was the neatest thing every, but had a hard time understanding the "taking turns" concept.
Cole was a trooper.
Killian and Kendall were there and got to be on the same lane as Lance.
These kids are best friends.
My mom and Grandma were able to travel to Hawaii for a week with Aunt Linda and Aunt Cherryl in September. It was the only of the the 50 states that Grandma had never visited, so her daughters took her for her 75th Birthday. We drove up for an evening after they got back so we could we could see Grandma Brewer before she flew home to Florida.
Mom had a gift for Lance for his Birthday.
Brain Quest! I remember loving these as a kid.
And an awesome BYU football jersey. Lance prefers to wear athletic clothes every day, so this was perfect.
Lance is becoming quite the reader and read the whole Cat in the Hat book to us that night.
Aunt Linda came over to visit for a bit, too. The boys think Aunt Linda is great!
Especially since she does fun things like give them airplane rides.
My boys are so lucky!
Happy Birthday, Grandma!
4 generations.
The other night, Bennett had his 3rd Birthday! He is Jude's best buddy, so we were excited to celebrate with him.
Big three-year-old.
Cupcakes!
It was a super hero party, so the kids all got masks to wear.
Jude thinks his mask is the best thing ever and has worn it to the store and around the house ever since. Love it!
Stay tuned for Sarah's Baby Shower and some kiddo updates!
No comments:
Post a Comment