Sarah, one of my all-time favorite people, and her husband Calvin are expecting their baby girl to arrive any day now. I am so excited for them! They are going to be wonderful parents.
I knew I couldn't let her get away without a little celebration, so Jaclyn, Kaycie and I got together and threw her a baby shower a couple weeks ago. I don't think it could have turned out better!
Don't you love those little feet? Thanks, Melissa, for donating those precious tags to add to the favors.
Centerpieces for the tables. Her nursery colors are lavender and green, so we stuck with the lavender theme.
Kaycie made this gorgeous cake! And yes, it tasted as wonderful as it looks.
The mother-to-be lusting after the cake...
So many friends came to celebrate with us. I think we had about 15 ladies there at one point.
We had a yummy brunch and then played a game. We had a gift for Sarah wrapped up in about 10 different layers. Each layer had a label on it that said either "Prize" or had a competition for the person who unwrapped the layer and someone of their choosing. Once you had your turn, you passed the gift onto another person who unwrapped the next layer and had to do what it said. It turned out to be a blast!
Kaycie and Jac headed up the game.
Blindfolded diapering. Love it!
Lucy raced her mom to see who could drink the sippy all gone. Mom won, but Lucy got to pick the prize.
Guess the flavor of baby food. Kaycie was nice and had nice flavors like pears or mango.
Even two of Sarah's college roommates were able to make it to the shower! They drove all the way from DC.
Watching.
Find the hidden baby!
I win!
Jenna and I got to race to see who could put on our shoes the fastest with preggo bellies. Jenna was already 8 months pregnant, so only I had to wear the balloon.
Jenna beat me by a mile! I'm out of practice...
Another of the competitions was to see which of the two could most closely guess Sarah's belly circumference.
Very close!
Not close at all.
Finally the last layer came off and Sarah got to open her gift.
It was a Willow figurine of a mom holding a newborn baby. My mom gave me one when I had Lance and I have LOVED it.
Then it was on to the gifts! Everyone got to play BINGO while she opened to try and win more prizes.
Sarah and Kaycie with the cake.
I know this is a ton of pictures, but I love Sarah's face as she opens her gifts:
This outfit was actual hand-made by Allison.
Isn't that dress precious?
We're missing several ladies that came but had to leave before the end. It was a great group of girls!
I had the best time at this shower. Sarah is an amazing person and a great friend. It is no wonder so many people love her and are so excited to meet her little one when she finally makes her debut . Hurry up and come, baby, so we can all love on you!
















No comments:
Post a Comment