The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Friday, July 13, 2012

Cole is 5 months old!

I can't believe Cole is already 5 months old. It strange how it seems like he was just born, but at the same time I can't really remember what life was like without him.

One night after baths, the boys were hanging out on my bed so I snapped a couple pictures. 

Yeah, I  know, Cole. They are pretty crazy. 

This little boy get smothered with love.

Here are a couple updates on Cole:

He has two teeth! He started teething over a month ago and now has two sharp little chompers on the bottom.  


He has learned to roll over both ways--front to back and back to front. In fact, he's learning how to get around a bit and has made it from one side of the room to the other just rolling. The boys and I have started having talks about keeping little things off the floor. Most of the tiny things I find get a quick trip to the trash, so Lance better keep those little marbles and bouncy balls where I can't see them!


He is super smiley and very laid back. He's been our easiest baby by far. He's usually content to sit back and watch the action. He loves to be in his bouncy seat or exer-saucer and he likes the swings at the park. He's very social and will smile at just about anybody. Even though Cole doesn't have to be held to be happy, he does get sad if he's in a room by himself and can't see any of the family.


He's almost as drool-y as Jude was, which is saying a lot. I think Cole is going to be our newest "Drool Monster" as Jude was affectionately called at this age.

Cole is big. He weighed 18 lbs at his 4 month check, so I'm guessing he's close to 20 lbs now. Lance didn't reach the 20 lbs mark until well after his 1st birthday!


He is still waking up in the middle of the night to eat--at least twice. Maybe that's because I haven't started him on solid foods yet. He would probably sleep if I let him cry it out, but it's just easier on my heart to let him nurse for 10 minutes. I guess we'll have to work on that.


Cole does this funny rocking thing when we hold him. He'll be sitting on my lap and suddenly start bouncing up and down. I'm not sure if it's because he's excited or if he wants to just move. Or maybe it's because all the songs I sing to him involve some kind of bouncing. Whatever the reason, it's fun to watch.

He's a cuddly baby. He will hold onto you when you pick him up and kind of settle in. Sweet baby. I love it.

We really can't get enough of our baby Cole. He is such a sweet little guy and makes us laugh every day with his fun personality. I love this stage!

No comments:

Post a Comment