The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Valuable Life Lesson #247

Never pack a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for your not-yet 2-year-old to eat in the car while driving between errands.

I came to this realization today somewhere between the jelly that somehow managed to end up on the inside of the front door (Jude was eating in the back), the jelly on the carpet from the sandwich being dismantled and mashed, and the numerous wipes I had to use to clean not only the door and the carpet, but to wipe off the peanut butter that managed to find it's way onto every square inch of Jude's face, his shirt and his carseat.

I think we'll stick to cheerios. At least those you can vacuum.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, I'm sorry, but you just made me laugh so hard. Don't you wish they could figure out how to eat cleanly a little sooner? :) Every time my almost-two-year-old eats PB&J, it is everywhere too. I end up changing his clothes every time, guaranteed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, I've also learned that lesson. As my mom's husband puts it: Emily eats her sandwiches inside-out. She does it every time! I vowed that there would be no car-eating when she got her new car seat in August...but it's just too hard not to throw a quick snack back there when we're running errands!

    ReplyDelete