The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Friday, October 7, 2011

Family Housing Night Bowling

Every September, Family Housing at UVa puts on some neat events that are free to those of us that live here. It's a bit of a lottery as most of the events don't have enough room for everyone who wants to go. This year on September 28th we got picked to go bowling!

It was great because we were there with some of our favorite people: the Elmers, Baileys, and Vedomskes. George is doing an away rotation at Georgetown University Hospital in D.C., so he had to miss it as did Aric who is also doing an away rotation in Denver. Melissa and I really missed our husbands as we tried to coral the kiddies for two hours of bowling.

Britton, Kendall, Killian and Lance were all on a lane together, while the adults and Jayden were on the neighboring lane.

Jude bowled with me.

He was pretty excited and actually ran half-way down the actual alley toward the pins before Chris Bailey saved him. Thanks, Chris!

Being silly. Nasty floor, I know.

After our ball didn't make it all the way down a couple times, we decided to use this little contraption with much better results.

Lance was a pro! 

Jude helping Killian position his next shot.

Lance and Killian--best buddies!

Jude couldn't sit still--which subsequently means that I couldn't sit still either. Oh, how I missed George!

Rachel Bailey with some of the Elmers and Vedomskes.

Jude making a shot.

My boys.

We had a great time! I was tired by the end from chasing a certain little boy around the entire bowling alley, but we all had fun. Lance did a great job and even out-bowled his mamma! We were really missing George, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment