The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Monday, June 6, 2011

While George was in California...

Two weeks ago (May 23th), George flew out to California for a week. He's going to do a post on it (at least, he's said it's coming) so I'll let him tell you all about it. In a nutshell, one of the girls he baptized while on his mission in California got married in the Temple and asked George to attend the sealing. He was gone for a week because he was able to schedule the practical portion of his Step 2 Boards exam in L.A. so went out early to take it.

While he was gone, the boys and I tried to stay busy.

 We have a hill next to our apartment building and Lance and his buddies discovered one day it was super fun to try and roll down the hill. Here is a short clip of them all rolling down (even Jude thought it looked like fun and tried to do it).

Lance waiting to roll down the hill.

Lance and Killian. They love to swing on the clothes line next to the park. Yeah, not the best idea, I know.

Lance finally got his cast off! His arm has been out of commission since April 18th! May 26th, he got it off.
He thought the saw tickled and had a hard time sitting still while the nurse removed the cast. His arm smelled nice and ripe, let me tell you!

Two arms! He's still a little bit nervous to use it and keeps it tucked next to his body more often than not, but each day he's getting more confident and using it more and more. It's good to have the crazy Lance monkey back again!

The same day Lance got his cast off, the boys and I drove up to Ashburn so Lance could spend the weekend with his dad and Jude and I could play with my family until George came home on Sunday.

Thursday night, we attended Jason's High School choral concert. He did a great job! I listened to most of it through the door and even shot this picture through the glass because Jude just would NOT sit still or be quiet. I guess I shouldn't be surprised. He is only 17 months old, after all.

Mason!

Jude helping Grandma plant flowers in the front yard.

I got to watch Mason Friday night and we had a great time! He's actually never been in the bathtub because Laura and Tyler live in the basement and only have a shower, so Laura usually bathes him in the sink. I put him in the bath with Jude and he LOVED it! It was so cute to watch them have a great time.

To Jude, this was old hat...

...but Mason thought it was great!

Jude was glad to have a bath-mate.


Mason loved the water and didn't even mind when Jude kept pouring water on his head. :) Stinker.

Clean babies!

Jude has an obsession with computers and every time I turned around, he was trying so hard to play on Grandma's computer. One day we heard this hardcore gangsta rap coming from the computer room and ran in to find Jude standing on the chair having found the music somehow on the computer and totally rocking out to it! He was standing up and head-banging to the beat! I ran to get the camera and of course as soon as I came back, he turned the music off and for my life, I couldn't find it again! How do they do that?

George came home Sunday afternoon...
...completely exhausted from tons of fun, little sleep and jet-lag. 

We were glad to have him back! Life just isn't the same without him.
(Stay tuned for a Memorial Day post!)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for lending him to us! It was awesome and memorable to have him and Phair there. - Kelly

    ReplyDelete