The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Monday, July 26, 2010

Florida--Day 3: Church, Killer Uno, and a "walk" on the beach

This is how the day started. We had Church from 9 to noon and after Lance staying up past 11 p.m. and me not getting to bed until close to 2 a.m., we were really REALLY tired! Lance was a little wary about going to Primary with kids he didn't know, but with some persuasion and Ashley getting up to sit next to him, he survived and had a smile on his face when I picked him up afterwards.

We came back to the condo and attempted to take a nap... and most everyone succeeded. Jude went down for a nap and I put Lance in "quiet time". After over an hour, he finally fell asleep just as Jude was waking up. It took me about an hour and a half, but I got Jude to go back to sleep and about 15 minutes after I laid down, I heard "Mom? Mom? Mom!" from the hallway. Yay.

After nap time, the whole extended family came to our condo for dinner! We had a great time eating and playing games like Killer Bunnies and Killer Uno.




The kids had fun watching "Veggie Tales" (as did the adults). :)

After the games, Lance and Jude and I went to the beach to look for shells and crabs in the twilight, but we didn't get much farther than right in front of our condo. Lance spent the time digging holes looking for crabs and Jude enjoyed standing in the lapping waves. Amy, Laura, Bethany, and Kailey joined us and took pictures. It got dark pretty fast so we had to go in, but it was a lot of fun just being together out on the beach.

Lance digging for crabs.

My lens was foggy from the humidity, but it makes it look like I faded this picture on purpose. :)

Jude wishing he was in the water instead of in the stroller.


Me and Lance.

Jude and Aunt Amy.

Jude loves the water and laughed when I would pick him up and swing his feet in the waves.

Lance asked if he could build a sandcastle. I turned around and he was working hard on this little building. He turned to me and said, "Look at my sand church, Mom! You know why I'm building and sand church? Because to day is Sunday!"

He was so proud of it, he asked us to take this picture of the finished product before we went in for the night. And then he destroyed it with his shovel. 

Amy, Kailey, Laura, me, and Jude.

Jude and Lance working on the sand church.

Me and the boys playing in the sand.

We went inside, bathed the boys and put them to bed! I was just starting this post around 10:30 when there was a knock on the door and Chad came in! We weren't expecting him until Tuesday. I'm so glad he's here! He's been my best friend my whole life. I can't wait to spend this week with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment