The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Saturday, January 19, 2019

Snow jello, piñatas, and scouts

January continued along... Lily' Birthday was next, so we were prepping for that. She wanted another Alicorn/Dragon party, complete with an alicorn piñata. I have to admit, I hate letting the kids help because I'm a bit of a control freak when it comes to projects that I start, but I try to set aside those feelings and let the kids do some of the work. They love it and that makes it worth it.

For this piñata, I got a zebra inflatable (kinda like a beach ball, but zebra shaped) and used that as the base. This way I didn't have to shape it myself, just carefully cover it.


We tried out jello snow for the first time, although I was supposed to combine the powder with boiling water before pouring it onto the snow, and I just sprinkled the powder. Oops. They thought it was fun anyway.





I also made dragon wings and unicorn wings for the party as well! It is CRAZY how long these take, but Lily wanted them. Hopefully I can finish enough for everyone to have a pair at the party.

Lance is making progress in scouting, thanks to Scott. Scott has been amazing at encouraging and finding ways for Lance to complete his necessary merit badges. He is hopeful Lance can get his Eagle Scout before the Church officially leaves the Scouting program next year.



I wasn't able to go, but Amy, Laura, Stephen, Ashley, and Mom got to go to the Philadelphia Temple! I was sad to miss it. Hopefully I'll get a chance to go soon!



No comments:

Post a Comment