For Lance's Birthday, we decided to try out iFLY, the indoor skydiving facility in Ashburn. He invited all his cousins and tons of friends from Vienna. We were expecting quite the crowd, so I made a HUGE cake.
The morning of the party, I woke up to this:
Apparently Vera thought red velvet was delicious. George took the boys to soccer while I stayed home and baked more cake, finishing just in time to load up and drive to Ashburn.
The cake turned out well! I think Lance will like it.
The morning of the party, I woke up to this:
Apparently Vera thought red velvet was delicious. George took the boys to soccer while I stayed home and baked more cake, finishing just in time to load up and drive to Ashburn.
The cake turned out well! I think Lance will like it.
We met Lance at iFLY along with the Dahlquists, Glasses, Scholz, Calderwoods, Amy and Derek, Stephen, and tons of Vienna friends.
After checking in, we had to wait for our session to start. Luckily we got to preview the skydiving by watching the session currently in progress.
Baby Henry!
Grandmom was amazing and watched Lexi the whole time while I took pictures.

Suiting up!
Lance with his Aunt Brittany:
Ready to fly!
Lily was super excited and super scared. I wasn't sure she would do it, but George convinced her.

I complied many of the flights into a few YouTube videos. Feel free to check them out, or scroll down to get pictures.
We flew in two groups, each group getting two 1-minute flights each. The pictures aren't really in order, but you get the idea.
Bryce:
Callie:
Jude:
Allen:
Eric:
I loved watching Jen's reaction to Eric flying. She was laughing the whole time.
Jen:
Tyler:
Stephen:
Cole:
Lily. She was so tiny, she flew all over the place. The flight instructor had a time keeping her going the right direction.
George:
Bryce's second flight:
Callie:
Jude:
Brittany (Abbey's sister, Lance's Aunt):
Allen:
Lance:
Jude:
Amy:

Derek:
Eric:
Jen:

Mason:
Grant:
Tyler:

Stephen:
Cole:
Lily's second flight:
High fly!
George:
Scott:

Watching:
I love that he had so many people here to wish him Happy Birthday. We are so lucky to have such great family and friends.
Happy, happy Birthday, Lance! I can't believe you're 12 years old! Thank you for being ours!






















































No comments:
Post a Comment