The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Sunday, June 11, 2017

The Tough Mudder 2017

George and I ran our second Tough Mudder on June 10th! The last one we ran was way back in September of 2012, so we were overdue.

This time we ran with Nate, Sam Knight, and two buddies from George's work Justin and Rob.

We decided to go patriotic this year.

George's dad came with Nate and took lots of pictures along the way. Thanks, Dad!








We did a partner carry where one person carried the other halfway across a length of course and then you had to switch. Apparently I'm not as strong as I thought!

This mud pit was the hardest obstacle we encountered. It was two feet of thick, sticky, stiff mud. It's a darn good thing our shoes were duct-taped to our feet. It was nearly impossible to move once you were in it.











Carry that wood!


The Birth Canal. This obstacle was my least favorite. You had to crawl underneath these tarps full of liquid. It was VERY heavy and difficult to get under since the bottom of the tarps were only an inch or so off the ground. It hurt!


I accidentally knocked off the guy in front of me on this one! Oops! I waited until he was half-way over and then started, but because the end is difficult with the rotating wheels, I managed to catch up. I grabbed one of the wheels, but as I was rolling forward, the guy was rolling back and we collided mid-air.


I felt awful! (But not tooooo bad--I mean, I managed to stay on and complete the obstacle, so there's that.)


This one was super fun! 

Between the Funky Monkey and Kong, poor George managed to rip his calluses off. 
 That is going to hurt for a while!

Teamwork! These black plateforms rotated, so you had to work together to rotate them while other flipped over the top.
 


  

Finish line!



It was a blast! I had more fun this time around because George and I were able to complete almost every obstacle. (We even made it up the half-pipe!!!!) 


We drove home where Sara (Sam's wife) had been watching all the kiddos at our house and then spent the rest of the night packing for the Outer Banks! We were heading out the next morning to join the Glass family for a week in Corolla. A perfect beginning to the summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment