July 18th was a sad day.
We said good-bye to our faithful van that had served us well for the past three years. When we found out it would cost over $1000 for it to pass inspection, we decided it was time to put her to rest.
We said good-bye to our faithful van that had served us well for the past three years. When we found out it would cost over $1000 for it to pass inspection, we decided it was time to put her to rest.
I have to admit I got teary-eyed at the car dealership when I asked George to take this picture. As much as I disliked the sliding doors that didn't work and the loud sound it made when we drove, this van has been part of our family. We brought Lily home from the hospital in it and have put over 70,000 miles on it driving it to doctor appointments, parks, vacations, and to visit family. *tear* It was hard to say good-bye.
That day, we drove home with this:
A 2014 Odyssey Touring Elite.
I can honestly say I've never been inside a nicer van. It. Is. Gorgeous.
The kids refused to get out. Cole buckled himself in and wanted to take off right then and there. Hey, with a dual TV screen, surround sound speakers, leather seats that recline even in the rear bench and more space than you'd ever need, I don't blame them!
We took it for its maiden voyage that day to Outback to celebrate with George's parents, Allen, Callie and Bryce. The kids even got to watch part of a movie on the way. Sweet.
Lance was at his Dad's house that weekend, but got to see it when I picked him up a couple days later. He had a great time trying out all the buttons (because there are still some I haven't pushed) and figuring out all the cool features.


No comments:
Post a Comment