The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Math Rocks!

Anyone who knows Lance knows he isn't a huge fan of music. Oh, he likes listening to the radio and is definitely opinionated on what constitutes a "good song", but there are few things he detests more than singing. Music has always been his least favorite subject in school and he would sit all day long in Sacrament Meeting on Sundays if it meant he didn't have to do Singing Time in Primary.

Knowing this about Lance, I was very curious to see how he would do when I heard about his first school musical performance. On April 21st, the 3rd grade classes at Lance's elementary school put on a show called "Math Rocks" for the parents. It was a musical all about math complete with solos, chanting, and musical instruments.

Waiting to start:

The kids did a great job! Lance actually sung, although he was a bit reserved when it came to the hand motions.

Before we got there, I had asked Lance if he had any solos and he said no, so I was very surprised when he got up in one of the songs and played the drums!
Apparently, he even composed the rhythm he played!

I was bummed I didn't know... I had about 2 minutes of video recording left on my camera and used it in the songs prior to this one, so I totally missed getting Lance on the drums.

Afterward, George and I took the kids to get ice cream to congratulate Lance on a job well done.


Good job, Lance!

No comments:

Post a Comment