The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Monday, June 30, 2014

Ice cream with family and the many faces of Lillian Tsai

Whew! I'm more than a month behind! 

I feel like June came in with a rush and left just as quickly. We have stayed very very busy! 

Early in June George's parents came to visit for a day and brought along Uncle Dave and Aunt Colleen. It's always wonderful to see them. We had a cook-out at the apartment and let the kids roast s'mores. (Lance was spending the weekend at his dad's.)


Cole was excited to cook his marshmallow and wouldn't allow anyone to help, even if that meant he got his mallow in the ashes. This is one independent boy.


Uncle Dave talking to Lily. :) She thought he was pretty great and was all smiles.


Aunt Colleen and Uncle Dave.

After lunch, we drove everyone to the new house to have a look around. It was exciting to show it off knowing it would be ours in a matter of days. These experienced home-owners did a good job pointing out some minor fixes that needed to be done and had suggestions for us to help make this house a home. It was interesting to see the house from a view other than our starry-eyed "this house is ours and therefore perfect" perspective. (And it was all great advice. Having been in our house for more than two weeks, I'm grateful for their suggestions!)

After walking around the house, we drove to the Downtown Mall and got some gelato before our visitors had to get back on the road.

Splendora never disappoints.
They have the cutest little cones there--just the right size for small hands.

Sampling many of the flavors.

I can't decide which picture I like better, so you get two:

Love this family!

Cole enjoys his ice cream on a cone, but he eats it so slowly it melts before he can eat it all. I don't think he knows he can bite off bits and instead uses his little tongue to gingerly lick his cone.

Yep. Pretty sure the ground got more of the gelato than Cole did.

Lily was happy to be out of her seat.



Lily has become so expressive! I can't get enough of this girl. From her crazy-long eye lashes to her sweet smile, everything about her makes me want to squeeze her and kiss those precious cheeks. She was sitting on Uncle Dave's lap while we were eating having a grand time and I couldn't resist taking pictures. 

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the many faces of Lillian Tsai!
Her usual face. She's very interested in everything around her (it makes nursing her difficult because if anything else is going on she has to watch) and you can see the wheels in her head turning as she figures out the ins and out of this world we're in.

She's quite good at blowing raspberries. :)

And she's in love with her tongue which she sticks out at every opportunity.



Did I mention she's in love with her tongue?


To be fair, it is an amazing tongue.

This little miss melts my heart and charms everyone around her. We can't take her out without at least one person coming up to us and telling us how cute she is. Lily literally lights up whenever anyone talks to her. She gets this big grin and does a full-body wiggle of happiness. She is so happy and sweet and so, so easy. I couldn't have dreamt of a more perfect child.

No comments:

Post a Comment