June 21st we celebrated Bryce's 8th Birthday up in Ashburn. George was working nights so I took the kids up.
My mom and Stephen were a trip touring France and Italy, so we stayed at the Glass's house.
I don't know how he does it, but Pop Pop is an expert at putting little munchkins to sleep. This little girl didn't take long in his arms before she was out for the night.
The next day we celebrated! Bryce had his birthday party at a rec center so the kids got to swim! Scott was so nice to let Lance come up with me even though it was his weekend.
Jude is becoming quite the fish. He loves the water and has begged me for the last couple months for swim lessons. I finally signed him up to start in July.
Cole loves the water, too, although if he falls down even in the shallow water he can't get his feet bakc under him to stand up and flounders until someone picks him up. A little scary, so I was grateful Mom and Dad had Lily and I could keep my attention on this guy.
Jude showing off how he can hold his breath under the water.
Yeah, I think this picture is a bit creepy too.
Bryce and his buddy.
I gave the camera to Lance to take pictures with and this is what I got back:
Mommy and Jude in the "deep water".
Lance and Callie:
After two hours of swimming, it was pizza and cake time!
If I let them, my kiddos would eat pizza for every meal.
These two had a great time talking together--I'm going to assume they were chatting about Minecraft and Pokemon, two things they're both very much into these days.
The Birthday boy!
Such a good big brother!
Before they left, the kids got to try rock climbing on the wall the rec center had. Bryce and Lance both climbed a few times.
The cheering section for Bryce!
Lance almost made it to the top on his first run! He was about 18 inches from the top when his arms gave out.
Bryce trying again:
Lance's second run was better and he made it all the way up!
Ringing the bell!
Lily was happy to be with Grandmom for most of the party.
Happy Birthday, Bryce! I can't believe you're 8! You're growing into such a handsome, talented young man. We're glad we live so close so we share in these important events in your life. Thanks for being in our family and being so good to our boys. We love you!







No comments:
Post a Comment