On September 28, Lance was baptized!
In our Church, we believe that before you are baptized you need to be old enough to understand what it means and the significance behind the ordinance, which is why we wait until children are at least 8 years old before they can choose to be baptized. Since Lance just recently turned 8, it was his turn!
So many friends and family turned up to support Lance on his special day!
Grandma Brewer flew in from Florida so she could be a part of it.
Four generations!
Grandpa Bob flew in from California for the weekend, too!
Proud parents:
Laura and Tyler were also there with their two boys; Amy came as did McKay, Mom and Glenn, George's parents with Callie and Bryce, the Elmers, Vedomskes, Players, Williams and Carlsons. I was so busy before-hand making sure everything was in order that I totally forgot to take pictures of everyone.
I even forgot to get a family picture! That's not like me at all. So, we took family pictures the next day at Church. We can just pretend we took them the day before at the baptism. :)
Let's see if we can get all three boys looking at the camera. First attempt:
Getting better...
Almost...
Yeah, it's not going to happen.
What can you do?
Lance's family!
The service was nice. My mom gave the talk on Baptism and did a wonderful job. Scott baptized Lance with George and Bob as witnesses. After Lance was baptized, I got to give the talk on the Holy Ghost. I can't believe how nervous I was. Scott gave Lance a beautiful blessing after giving him the gift of the Holy Ghost, we ended with a song and prayer and then it was time for fun!
Scott and Abbey hosted all the family at their house for dinner. It was nice to be all together and enjoy the company and good food.
Grandma Brewer with her newest great-grandson Grant.
The Elmers came. Love them!
Lance had begged me to make some homemade rolls which I gladly did. Unfortunately, I totally forgot he also wanted deviled eggs. Oh well. One out of two ain't bad, right?
McKay and Laura with baby Grant.
Elmer family.
Glenn, George, Sue-Lon and Grandma.
And while the adults were eating, this is what Jude and Bryce did the whole time:
Those boys play together so well.
Since Lance's Birthday was just a couple weeks ago and most of the family didn't have a chance to celebrate with us, Lance and I decided to do a mini-Birthday celebration at the dinner with a cake and pinata. Lance is really into Minecraft these days and requested a Minecraft cake and creeper pinata. This boy knows how to pick the hardest things!
The night before the baptism, Amy and Derek came over and helped me finish up the cake. (They were already in town for an Anthro Con where Amy was selling her hats and scarves she makes.)
See those little squares? They are pieces of fondant we cut out to make the sides of the "dirt block" cake.
One side finished.
George was so nice and stayed up to help finish the creeper pinata even though he had just finished a week of night shifts.
Finished cake. Not as perfect as I had hoped, but all in all, it turned out pretty well.
I was sure Lance would be happy with the end results.
I was right! He thought the cake was awesome!
I forgot the candles (it must be pregnancy brain because I was forgetting things left and right), but we sang to him anyway. He didn't seem to mind the lack of candles. Sorry, buddy!
Laura and Grant.
Multi-tasking? Getting ready to cut the cake and video taping. (Don't you love the food faces George and Aric are making in the background?)
It was hard to cut since the cake was 8 inches tall. I hope nobody minded fingers on their cake...
After cake, it was pinata time!
We brought a baseball bat and thought we'd be lucky if all the kids had a chance to hit it before it broke, but I guess I underestimated the pinata's strength once again.
Watching...
Cole wanted a turn on the second run.
"Am I doing this right?"
After the kids all had two chances each, we decided the candy needed to come out. George stepped up to the plate...
...and felled the creeper with one swing. All those years in baseball paid off.
CANDY!
I just thought this picture was fun. After most people left and we were cleaning up and loading up the car, Abbey got out Lance's BB gun and practiced hitting the target Lance made earlier that day.
I think the best part is Falcon laying at her feet sleeping.
It was a great day! What a blessing it is to have such supportive family and friends. We truly are lucky. Lance, we are so proud of you and the decisions you're making in your life. Thanks for being ours!









.



No comments:
Post a Comment