February 16th the boys and I made our way up to Ashburn to celebrate my mom's birthday. Laura and Tyler have recently moved to Winchester, VA so my mom and Glenn are officially empty-nesters. WE knew Mom was having a hard time adjusting, so Amy and Laura and I had planned on meeting at Mom's house and making her dinner.
It was supposed to be a surprise, but someone (cough, cough... Glenn) let the cat out of the bag, so while it wasn't a surprise, it was still fun.
Cousins!
These boys are so cute together.
Lance decided he was a big kid and helped prep the dinner.
He did a great job cutting cucumbers for the greek salad Amy made.
Dinner turned out well! We had fresh salmon prepared two ways, fruit salad, greek salad, mashed potatoes and rice. Even the kids ate it. Success!
After dinner we sang to Mom.
She wanted pineapple cheesecake (my Grandma Allred's recipe) for her cake, so I made a couple.
Such a pretty lady!
So nice of Grandma to let Lance light the candles.
We called Chad, Stephen and Jason so they could sing too (although Stephen had to sing a little late... he was about to perform with BYU's men chorus in Salt Lake!).
Happy Birthday!
It was fun to have a lot of the family together. I love that we still live close enough that we can be meet up on special occasions.
We sure love our Mom/Grandma!
Happy Birthday to the best mom I could imagine. You have always been such a strength to me and a wonderful example of the kind of person I hope to become. Thank you for your love and support. I don't know where I'd be without you!
No comments:
Post a Comment