Lance turned 7 on September 14th! I can't believe he's that old. I have a 7-year-old? Crazy.
Lance was going to be at his dad's house for his Birthday weekend, so we brought cupcakes to his First grade class a day early.
Lance requested chocolate cake with chocolate chips, chocolate frosting and chocolate sprinkles. This kid loves his chocolate!
Jude, Cole and I brought the cupcakes in the afternoon and stuck around for a few minutes while the kids ate. Jude was so excited to be at school! When we first got there, the kids were finishing their circle time on the rug. Jude ran right over, plopped himself down and paid attention to the teacher. It was so cute.
Cole liked crawling under the tables.
The cupcakes were a huge hit! Many of the kids said it was the best cupcake they had ever eaten. It made me feel good seeing as kids this age are honest to a fault, but they also live in the moment and a chocolate chip cupcake on a boring Thursday afternoon may in fact be the best thing in their lives at that very moment. Regardless, I'm glad everyone liked them.
Lance was pretty excited to show off baby Cole.
Lance spent the weekend at his dad's house. Since he was gone during his Birthday, we decided to celebrate officially the following weekend. Lance wanted an ocean-themed party with a "crab cake" and a dolphin pinata. Ooookay. The week before his party was busy with prep.
I made most of his pinata while he was gone and then let him help me paint it when he came home. He wanted a Commerson's dolphin, so I shaped it accordingly and we painted it black and white. I'm so glad I decided to paint it instead of covering it in crepe paper like the pinata last year.
A cute side note: Lance didn't see the pinata I made the night he came home because he was asleep when we finally made it back from Northern VA after picking him up. Monday morning I woke up to him out at the table, looking at the pinata and writing me a note. What did the note say? "Good job." I thought it was super sweet he wanted to make sure I knew he thought I did a good job. Thanks, Lance. Moms need to hear that every so often.
We painted the top one night and let it dry. Lance was excited to help and did a great job being careful to stay in the lines.
The next day I painted the belly. Jude saw what I was doing and wanted to help, so I let him get a few brush-strokes in.
We were so excited for Saturday to come!


No comments:
Post a Comment