Am I the only one who thought it was a blast to sing this song in elementary school when we learned about vowels?
Anyway, speaking of apples:
The little boys and I went to Carter's Mountain Orchard with our Family Housing friends. It was an event sponsored by FHA, so it was free! Awesome.
Jude and Cole with their buddy Bennett. Jude and Bo were so excited they both had hoods on their jackets. I think the hoods stayed on for about 30 minutes before the coolness wore off.
A Jude worm!
First up was a hay ride!
It was a lot of fun because we got to be there with several of our good friends.
Watching the apple trees...
I love this picture. He looks sad, but so sweet. Don't you just want to cuddle a smile back onto his face?
There we go!
Cole wasn't too sure what was going on, but liked to be along for the ride.
The Smiths!
Cole, no falling down the mountain!
After the hay ride, we got to attend "Apple School".
It was neat. These nice girls taught the kids about the life-cycle of an apple.
They actually say for a good 10 minutes listening. I was impressed.
After "school", we got to pick some apples. We each had a small bag we could fill as best we could at no cost.
Sweet ride, kiddies.
The trees were laden with HUGE apples right at grabbing level. It was perfect for Jude.
Jaclyn and Reese Dickensen.
Buddies. :)
We went two years ago during the same event:
Can you believe that is Bo and Jude? Time flies.
I wish Lance could have come, but he was in school. :( I tell you, school ruins everything.
Cole was tired of being in his stroller, so I put him on the ground and gave him an apple to chew on.
Love those kiss-y cheeks.
Sweet baby.
"Oh! Another one!" Jude was so cute trying to find the perfect apples.
Cole was content to pick the grass. :)
We had a great time! I'm hoping we can go back as a family in October when they do their Apple Festival.











No comments:
Post a Comment