The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Mother's Day

Mother's Day was spent up in Northern Virginia with our moms.

That morning, George and I made breakfast for my mom and the rest of the family.

Crepes, anyone?

It turned out great! We had all kinds of sweet toppings: strawberries and bananas, sweet cream cheese spread, nutella, sauteed cinnamon apples and buttermilk syrup that I let simmer until it became more of a caramel. Oh and whipped cream and homemade berry syrup.

It was a hit!


After Church we took our customary family pictures.

Unfortunately we were missing Chad and Amy (she was in Florida visiting Chad for the weekend).


There is no question we are mother/daughter, is there?


That evening we had dinner with the Glass family. George made his mom an amazing pork roast in homemade sauce.

While my boys didn't think it was so fabulous, everyone else thought it was really good. The meat was so tender and the sauce stepped the flavor up a huge notch.

I love that George can cook. It was a great meal!

Jude wasn't a huge fan, probably because he was stuffed with snacks as usual when we visit Grandmom and Pop Pop.



After dinner we tried to take a family picture, as we usually do, although none of us were really dressed. Not wanting to let the opportunity pass, we took the pictures anyway.

Getting ready. I think Jude is saying "cheese" right here.

First attempt. You can probably tell how Lance felt about taking pictures. I don't think he's quite grasped the concept that "Mother's Day" is for mothers. He'll learn. ;)

And, we're getting better...

Meh. I guess we can chalk this one up to "real life".

It was a nice day. I got exactly what I wanted--a little Willow figurine for Jude to add to our family group; we have a mom and dad holding a baby and a little boy figure with a puppy for Lance, so we were only missing Jude--plus some nice cards from George and the boys. After dinner, we piled into the car again and drove back to Charlottesville so Lance could be at school the next day.

Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment