The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Friday, July 8, 2011

Ramen, Rain, Ray Bans, Bugs, and Boys

This past week has been a fun one. We didn't really go anywhere or do much, but we found ways to fill the time. Here is a quick review in picture-form of what we've been up to.

One of the boy's favorite meals is Ramen. I have to admit, I've even made it for breakfast at their request. They'll both eat a lot (and sometimes it's hard to get these little guys to eat) and I like it too, so it make it onto our menu at least once a week.

It's been raining a bit down here--more often than usual, it seems. We will most often avoid the wet by staying inside, but we had cabin fever and had to venture out. Lance decided to stay in, but our neighbors Killian and Kendall kept me and Jude company.

Jude is not shy when it comes to getting messy and just jumped right in.



Jude tried on my sunglasses the other day and I couldn't resist taking a picture. Funny kid!

Our backyard is full of wildlife--mostly squirrels and birds--but we occasionally find some really neat things. The other day the kids found a praying mantis on the playground and spent the next 30 minutes watching it and trying to see who was brave enough to pick it up.
Trying to get it on a stick.

I think Lance did actually pick it up, but it grabbed his finger with it's little "hands" and it freaked him out. :)

So he settled for some leaves where he could carry it around without touching.

Lance thought it was pretty neat and was sad when we set it free.

And of course it wouldn't be summer without a trip to our favorite splash park. The boys and I went on Friday and took Killian with us. We had a blast!
Killian and Lance

Jude was much braver this time and actually ventured into the water by himself! Progress!

He's yelling "Water!" and pointing to the bucket of water that would periodically fill and then dump on the kiddies below.

Surprisingly, the boys seemed to prefer playing on the playground instead of in the water. I was boiling, but they didn't seem to mind the heat.

Being monkeys.

Lance and Killian both practiced the monkey bars until their hands hurt.

Enjoying some PB&J after a long afternoon in the sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment