I turned 28 this past Monday! Even though George had to work that day and it was normal Monday for me and the boys, it was really fun!
I was still in my pajamas when I was surprised by a special delivery of beautiful flowers from George. The picture doesn't do them justice--they were gorgeous! They came in a huge glass filled with what looked exactly like a strawberry martini. It even had two straws. :)
Right after, one of my visiting teachers came over with a couple cupcakes from a great bakery called Hot Cakes. Lance is posing with the flowers, the cupcakes, and some cute little daffodils that Amy gave me. I felt so special!
The boys and I then headed out to walk Rockne, a really nice black lab we walk twice a week. Lance and Jude LOVE him and Rockne gets really excited when we come. If I ever come without the boys, he gets confused and looks all around for them.
Rockne always greets the boys with sloppy kisses which make Jude giggle. Lance is trying to give him a hug. He's so patient with the boys.
I couldn't get everyone to look at the camera at the same time. We have come to enjoy our 30 minute walks. It's a work-out for me to push both boys in the stroller, but it's good to get out and be active.
We spent a good portion of the afternoon playing outside on the playground that's just outside our back door. I love living next to the park! That evening after George came home, we went out to dinner at Outback! We splurged and got two appetizers and by the time our meals came, none of us had much room left. Hooray for leftovers!
Lance is trying to give me a kiss. Sweet boy.
The family.
Jude relaxing with Daddy.
As if we didn't celebrate enough, on Wednesday I went out to dinner with several of my friends to celebrate not only my birthday, but our friend Tracy's as well. We went to Bonefish to enjoy the $5 Bang Bang Shrimp. I can never get enough of their Bang Bang Shrimp! I'm so lucky to have such good friends here in Charlottesville.
It was a great Birthday. I guess if I have to keep getting older, this week was a good way to celebrate!

No comments:
Post a Comment