The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Monday, March 7, 2011

Boys and Bread

As a mom, it's fun and gratifying to watch my children actually enjoy being together.  The older Jude gets, the more the boys find they have in common. Lance often takes some coaxing (it doesn't help that Jude drools buckets and Lance finds that gross), but Jude can't get enough of Lance and is constantly trying to love on him... or tackle him. Being boys, it's all the same, right?

To break up the dull days, Lance and I made bread on Friday. It was fun! It brought back so many memories of baking bread with my own mom when I was Lance's age. She always made 6 loaves at a time and would pinch off little mounds of dough for the kids to make mini loaves. Probably the thing I remember most clearly about baking bread was the part where we shaped the dough. Mom had a neat way of getting rid of air bubbles after she had carefully rolled the dough flat and rolled it up again to form a loaf. She would take mound of dough and throw it down on the counter with a huge bang that all the kids thought was awesome! I still can't make bread as well as Mom can, but I'm getting better and Lance thought it was neat he got to make his own bread, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment