The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Monday, November 29, 2010

Turkey Trot!

The morning of Thanksgiving, we upheld our recently started family tradition of participating in our local Turkey Trot. It's a 5k race that the community runs to help raise money for a charity. It was a lot of fun! George had originally signed up to run it, but because of knee problems he gave his spot to Laura so it turned out the entire Allred family got to run together!

This is our "before" picture. We were all really excited. Chad had just finished a Marathon a few weeks earlier, so obviously there was no question as to who would cross the finish line at the head of the Allred pack. I haven't really exercised since before I was pregnant with Jude, so my goal was to make it under 30 minutes.

Our "after" picture. We all did relatively well! Chad finished 2nd in his age group for the whole race and I made it under 30 minutes and met my goal! I thought I did pretty well for not having run consistently in about 2 years. It was a great start to a great day, although I was surprisingly sore. Ah well... I need to start running again!

No comments:

Post a Comment