The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Thanksgiving Day

After the Turkey Trot, the boys and I drove over to the movie theater to watch Tangled with my family while their turkey cooked and George took over some of the cooking duties at his parent's house.

It was a very cute movie! Lance said he didn't like it, but I saw him laughing having a good time, so maybe he just didn't want to admit he enjoyed a "girly" movie.

When the movie was over, the boys and I rushed to the Glass's house and made it right in time for the prayer on the food. Thanksgiving is a big holiday for the Glass family and their house is always filled to the brim with family and friends. This year was no different. I didn't do an official head-count, but I think there were about 30 people all sitting around the same table. Awesome.

Lance and Callie


You can get a good idea of how much food there really was on the table. Everyone got to take home more than a full dinner of left-overs.

PopPop making sure Jude had enough to eat.


The kids found something else to do while the adults sat around and chatted.
Around 4 p.m., we made our way over to my Mom's house to have a second feast!

The whole gang (minus the photographer, of course)

I guess Jude felt bad for Vera and decided to share his food with her. I love the face she's making here.

After dinner, we relaxed for a bit and the set in on the desserts. I think we had a total of about 10 pies! I made this great apple pie/cheesecake.
 It was really good, but definitely not the best thing on the table.


We ended the night watching some football, Lance and Uncle Stephen enjoyed some Phineas and Ferb on the computer while the rest of us sat around and talked. It had been a nice, busy day.

No comments:

Post a Comment