The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Saturday, July 7, 2018

Happy Independence Day!

Whew! Nothing like being almost 8 months behind on blogging! I'll date this post in July 2018, but I'm writing it in January 2019. For sake of catching up, I'll keep it brief and allow the pictures to do most of the talking.

This year for the 4th of July, we went to Ida Lee in Leesburg, VA with the Glass family. Laura and her family were there with the Calderwood family, too, so it was double the fun!

Pre-fireworks lunch of leftover crab! Jude was learning at the hands of the master crab-cracker.

Ida Lee does a great job--tons of snacks and vendors, live music and the fireworks are coordinated with a music track. It's my favorite place to watch the fireworks, even though the crowds are insane. This year it was sprinkling almost the whole time and while it did help keep the crowds manageable, we were still pretty tightly packed.




I can't believe how big these kids are! Callie is 14 and Bryce 12! Callie's starting High School in the fall... crazy!



Valerie is getting bigger and chubbier! She's still the sweetest, most laid-back baby ever.

Staying dry...

  



Baby Cassidy! She's about 8 months old in this picture and cute as can be!

Lexi is slowly learning how to be soft with babies. She does well with Cassidy (maybe because she's bigger and will yell at her), but even with this sweet little face, Lexi is a force to be reckoned with and has to be watched closely around little people.


Uncle Tyler!

These girls LOVE their Aunt Jen and Uncle Eric






Dancing to the music

Feeling patriotic

It's time!



I have had so many times these past couple years where I fear for the future of our country as I watch people become more and more divided and less able to solve the problems that come up in Washington and around the country, but as I watched the fireworks and reflected on how far we've come as a country, I have hope that we can all work through our differences and find ways to being people together. Because truly we are lucky to live in this country, where "at least we know we're free".

No comments:

Post a Comment