The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Friday, December 23, 2016

Christmas play group, snuggles, and old friends

Christmas is getting closer and I'm feeling farther and farther behind! Thankfully this year I'm not sewing four huge quilts (I don't know how I pulled that off three years ago, seeing as it took me about 200 hours of work), but we still manage to fill every last second of the day.

Lily needs to be in gymnastics. This girl is agile and quick and happy to climb up anything, be it trees, bunkbeds, or pantry shelves.

I wanted to have a Christmas party but couldn't find a night that worked well, so Sara Knight and I hosted a playgroup the week before Christmas when all the kids were out of school. It turned out really really fun!

Sara and I constructed mini gingerbread houses for each of the kids to decorate.

I made sugar cookies and icing so everyone could decorate cookies as well.

We had a table full of adult coloring pages where the "big kids" congregated to color and talk.


Cole spent a long time making sure his house was just right.

That looks awesome, son!

Lily liked eating the candy instead of decorating. (Why can my children never keep their clothes on?)


I brought all my scooters (although all the kids thought this large one was the best) and our bounce house.

People stayed for four hours, just playing and talking. It was perfect.

Jude working hard on his house:


My good friend Terumi taking a turn holding Lexi.



George and I started a different program in November that's part of the 5:3:1 called "Boring but Big". I've really enjoyed it and have seen some improvement in both my lifts and my physique. I know I'm crooked here, but I had George take my picture anyway so one day I can look back and remember when I used to be in shape.


Cole is my snuggle bug. He comes in almost every morning to give us some love before we start the day. I love being with my sweet, loving Cole. 

It seems I'm not the only one who likes to snuggle in bed. Our bed often turns into the gathering place for the family. Love these two sharing a sweet moment together.


We were so excited to learn that our friends the Sanchez family were visiting from California! We knew the Sanchezes when we first moved to Charlottesville. Lance did preschool with Ethan, their oldest son. It was so nice to see them again after almost seven years!




No comments:

Post a Comment