The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Friday, August 28, 2015

1st Day of School!

August 19th was the first day of school! Lance was starting 4th grade and Jude was starting Kindergarten!

Jude was very excited, although the night before the nervousness had set in a bit. It was all forgotten in the morning, however, and he couldn't wait to rush down the hill to catch the bus.


Lance was a little nervous as usual, but put on a good face.


Cole wanted to make sure I took his picture, too. :)


(I'm not sure why my pictures are so grainy. Maybe the lighting?)

Waiting for the bus to come:

There he goes! Totally happy and excited.

Lance bringing up the rear:

I rushed home, hopped into the van and drove to the school so I could catch the boys coming off the bus as well.

Official Kindergartener coming through!

Already trying to make friends.

Veteran.

I really like Lance's teacher! Mrs. Asher seems to really love her job and has a lot of spunk and sass--something that I think will resonate with Lance. This year has already been better than last, due in large part, I'm sure, to her. 

Jude walked right in and sat down like he'd been doing this his whole life. 

I tried to get him to give me a smile, but he was too distracted. 


I waited anxiously at the bus stop that afternoon, excited to hear the details of the day. I should have known better. The boys hopped off the bus, gave me a hug, said the day was great, and then ran all the way home. 

Boys, boys, boys.

It's been quiet at our house since school started. We sure miss Lance and Jude, but I'm happy they're making friends and learning new things. I think this is going to be a great school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment