The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Sunday, May 18, 2014

Happy Mother's Day!

With both our mothers in the same town, Mother's Day was a busy day, as is usually the case. Lance had a baseball game in the afternoon the Saturday before, so we didn't make it up to Northern Virginia until late Saturday night. After we put the kiddos to bed at the Glass's, I drove over to my mom's house to say hello to my mom, Stephen, Amy and Laura and didn't make it to bed until 2 a.m. Boy, these late nights are taking their toll.

Mother's Day dawned bright and a little too early when all the kids decided they only needed 8 hours of sleep and got up around 7 (I told you we got to Ashburn late!). Yay. George started breakfast while I fed Lily and then joined him in the kitchen. By 9 we had an amazing breakfast of crepes with all the fixings! Man, I love those things! George and the kids all got me a card and George gave me a gift card to New Balance so I can get some new running shoes! Yes!

This guy is a professional crepe flipper. It's amazing.


Happy Mother's Day, Mom!

After breakfast we went to Church and then came back to the Glass's and attempted some family pictures:


It's always interesting getting everyone situated.

And it always takes several attempts before we get a picture that "will do":

(see those trains and that blue cape around Cole's neck? He never goes ANYWHERE without his trains and his "blue one")



Well, we tried.

We spent the afternoon with some family friends and were lucky to catch Jen, Callie and Bryce for about an hour before we packed up and drove to my mom's house for Mother's Day dinner.

I didn't get her flowers or even a card, but I did make a couple pictures for her:
These are silhouettes that I cut out of vinyl from old family pictures. The one on the left is my mom, me and Amy when we were little and the one on the right is my mom walking with the oldest five on the beach in Florida. I love how they turned out! I just wish I had been able to find a picture with all six kids in it. (Sorry, Jason!) I was planning on doing something similar for George's mom too but I wasn't able to find any pictures that would have worked in silhouette form. Hopefully I can get my hands on a couple soon.

Lily hanging out with Aunt Amy:

For dinner George BBQ'd some three-bone beef that his mom had marinated for us. Thanks, Mom! It was amazing!
Seriously, this is probably my favorite meat ever. Tyler made mashed potatoes, Stephen made rolls, and Glenn made roasted squash. It was such a tasty dinner!

Since it was Mother's Day, Jason was going to Skype with us. There were some technical difficulties on his end, though, and instead of talking to him around 5 p.m. at his assigned time, we had to wait until 8 p.m.! Crazy! 

While we waited, we celebrated Amy and Stephen's Birthdays!
Mom made the carrot cake and Laura made pineapple cheesecake.




Lance enjoying some watermelon. I didn't even know he liked watermelon...

Cole was VERY excited about the cake!


And Jude was just happy to be here. See how sweaty he is? He and Mason had a great time wrestling and running around the house together.

Mason, such a stinker!

Baby Grant! He's getting so big!

Jason finally called! Because it was so late he only got to talk to us for 18 minutes instead of 45, but it was so fun! We Skyped so he got to meet Grant and Lily who were both born while he was away. We had Chad on speaker phone so he could talk too. It was fun to have the whole family "together". :)

And of course we had to get our Mother's Day pictures. We'll do it again when we're dressed nicer, but in the mean time these will have to do!
(See Mom's necklace? Chad got her an Origami Owl with the birthstones of all six of us. It's beautiful!)


Happy Mother's Day to the best Moms George and I could have asked for! You ladies are amazing in every way and a great example to our family of unconditional love, support, kindness and sacrifice. Thank you both for all you have done and continue to do for us. Thank you for helping us become the people we are today and for teaching us to put our family and marriage first by your examples. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment