The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Sunday, September 1, 2013

Welcome, Baby Grant!

He's finally here! Only 6 days late, baby Grant Calderwood finally made his appearance. Laura and Tyler were nice enough to stick around Ashburn long enough for my boys and I to come up and meet him on Saturday, August 24th. It was especially awesome because Stephen was visiting for a couple weeks between semesters. Yay!

Grant is super cute! And Laura is doing awesome. Watching her walk around and take care of her two boys, you'd have no idea she had a baby three days earlier.

While Laura and her boys were napping that afternoon I took my kiddos to Costco and to visit the Scholz. We had a great time with Callie and Bryce before they had to leave for a back-to-school party.

When we got back to Mom's house, Aunt Amy was there! She's always so much fun and brings her projects with her. The boys think it's wonderful. This time she brought her Rainbow Loom and thousands of rubber bands and taught Lance how to make his own bracelets. 


He was hooked.



Lance liked it so much, Amy gave him a couple bags of rubber bands and his own little stand to build the bracelets on. I think he's made at least two bracelets a day since then. :)

We said good-bye to Laura, Tyler and Grant who drove back to Winchester that evening, leaving Mason with my mom who would meet them the next day and start her week of helping the new mommy at Laura's house.

While Lance was busy making bracelets, my mom and I took Jude, Cole and Mason to the "sand pit" (aka the volley ball court) to play for a bit before bed.

Mason was nice enough to bring all his diggers so the three boys could play together.



So fun!

After the sand pit, it was bath time and story time.

Grandma convinced Lance to read everyone a story. He did a great job!

We drove back to Charlottesville the next day in time for us to attend church so I could teach the young women. About chastity. Fun fun. :)

And just to end, while I was unloading the car after our trip, I come back from taking things inside to find this:
This is one of Cole's favorite things to do. He loves to be in the driver's seat, mashing all the buttons with his sunglasses on pretending to drive. Such a stinker! I just can't get enough of this sweet boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment