I had a great Birthday this year! Thanks to my family and friends, I got to celebrate no less than 4 times!
First up, March 15th my mom and Laura drove down to Charlottesville. Laura's birthday is on the 16th, so to celebrate my mom took us both out to lunch (along with all the kids!) AND took us shopping where she treated us to a mini shopping-spree. It was so much fun!
First up, March 15th my mom and Laura drove down to Charlottesville. Laura's birthday is on the 16th, so to celebrate my mom took us both out to lunch (along with all the kids!) AND took us shopping where she treated us to a mini shopping-spree. It was so much fun!
We had lunch at a new Mexican restaurant that just went up in Charlottesville. The fact that they ignored the screaming children and bent over backwards to make sure we had everything we needed made me want to go back, even though the food wasn't anything spectacular.
(It was a school day, so Lance didn't get to come. )
The whole group
Sisters!
Second celebration happened on my actual Birthday: I got some great gifts from my family! George got me an Apple TV so the 40,000 picture I have taken that are on the computer get to scroll across our TV screen to music of our choosing. You think I'm kidding about the 40,000 pictures? I'm not. Lance gave me flowers he had picked out himself. Jude picked out the card the kids signed and then took pictures with George and Cole in the little picture booth at the mall to give me (Lance was with his dad when they did that, so he didn't get to be in the picture. Boo.) It was perfect!
(Cole was napping...)
That night George took me to a French restaurant on the Downtown Mall called Petit Pois, compliments of Mom and Dad Glass (thank you!).
It was really REALLY good! We had never been there before, but we will definitely be going back.
Celebration #3? The next day we invited some friends over to have some birthday cake George made. Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting--my all-time favorite.
Melissa and Sarah (Jamie and Allison were out of town). And no, husbands don't get to be in the picture!
Last but not least, I got to celebrate a 4th time with some of my closest friends here in Charlottesville. They took me out to dinner at Bonefish Grill!
Jamie, Allison, Lori, Melissa and me.
Thank you to all my friends and family that made my 30th Birthday a special one--the perfect way to ring in the start of my 4th decade!
Second celebration happened on my actual Birthday: I got some great gifts from my family! George got me an Apple TV so the 40,000 picture I have taken that are on the computer get to scroll across our TV screen to music of our choosing. You think I'm kidding about the 40,000 pictures? I'm not. Lance gave me flowers he had picked out himself. Jude picked out the card the kids signed and then took pictures with George and Cole in the little picture booth at the mall to give me (Lance was with his dad when they did that, so he didn't get to be in the picture. Boo.) It was perfect!
(Cole was napping...)
That night George took me to a French restaurant on the Downtown Mall called Petit Pois, compliments of Mom and Dad Glass (thank you!).
It was really REALLY good! We had never been there before, but we will definitely be going back.
Celebration #3? The next day we invited some friends over to have some birthday cake George made. Carrot cake with cream cheese frosting--my all-time favorite.
Melissa and Sarah (Jamie and Allison were out of town). And no, husbands don't get to be in the picture!
Last but not least, I got to celebrate a 4th time with some of my closest friends here in Charlottesville. They took me out to dinner at Bonefish Grill!
Jamie, Allison, Lori, Melissa and me.
Thank you to all my friends and family that made my 30th Birthday a special one--the perfect way to ring in the start of my 4th decade!

No comments:
Post a Comment