The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Monday, May 16, 2011

Our week off!

This past week was unusual for sure. Lance was up in DC with his Dad, so that left the rest of us here in Charlottesville. George has a few weeks off from school to prepare for his Step 2, so he was home all day every day. 

I have to admit, I don't have too many pictures (or really any)--probably because we really didn't do much. And it was awesome! I read a book, watched tons of Pride and Prejudice and Sense and Sensibility, played with Jude, spent time with George, and just relaxed. The dishes rarely got done and we ate out a lot. I even got a couple naps! Unheard of, if you're a mom. 

We did have occasional visitors in child form, although it was usually just Jabrien. He's a buddy of Lance's that loves to hang out at our house. Apparently, he loves it so much he'll spend hours a day here even when Lance isn't around. Multiple times during the week, he would wander over after school and ask to play our Wii or Playstation. And he would play for hours. I think the poor kid is lonely (no siblings, single mom), so we let him come and play. 

It was a great week! Lots of relaxing, lots of being with George, lots of just hanging out, cooking, watching movies, and playing with Jude. The only thing we were missing was Lance.

Okay, I can't end a post without a picture so here is one I took a little over a week ago. We have a hammock that we hung up on our back porch and it was instantly a kid magnet. Don't believe me?

Kendall, Henry (upstairs neighbor and nice kid), Killian, Lance, and Jabrien

Crazy kids!

1 comment:

  1. You weren't kidding about the kid magnet! Sounds like you guys had a great time. Well deserved!

    ReplyDelete