The Glass Family

The Glass Family

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Missing you...

To my husband-

I miss you. I know you're where you need to be, two hours north of here studying frantically for Step 1. I know it's for the best and will benefit us all, and I know I'll get to see you tomorrow, but there is no denying I want you to be here with me.

I missed you yesterday when Lance and I made a recipe from the Alton Brown show and he made the cheese sauce all by himself. I missed you when we went to the grocery store and Lance got a little package of donuts and ate all but two because he was saving them for DaddyG. I missed you when Jude laughed out loud and smiled at my funny face. I missed you last night when I wasn't feeling very well and still had to bathe the boys and get them to bed without any help. I missed you today when Lance wanted to play Lego Star Wars but I couldn't play with him because I was feeding Jude. I missed you tonight at the BBQ when all the other wives had their husbands right there. I missed you and your laugh when a friend of ours thought I had made the glass bowl I used to bring the dessert to the BBQ and innocently asked, "Heather blows glass?" I missed you the past two nights while I slept alone between two very squirmy boys on our bed. I missed you as I surfed reddit late at night finding posts I thought you would like. I missed you today when the boys and I went to WalMart to find a bigger tank for our tadpoles and I had to make a special trip to a grocery store for six gallons of distilled water (which WalMart did not carry) while carrying Jude who was crying and trying to keep Lance on task instead of looking at every single item in the store on our way in and out.

I miss you. I miss your smile, I miss your laugh, I miss the way our home feels when you're here. I miss how you make me laugh at myself and how much happier I am. Telephones just don't cut it. I can't wait for you to come home from your month-long hiatus from Charlottesville as you study for Boards. You truly are the love of my life and I simply cannot get along without you.

No comments:

Post a Comment